The Association has its own library which started functioning in 1948 and has been nomenclatured as Mansinh Bhai Patel Library. The library has a rich collection of books on Indigenous Food History, Technology on Milk Processing, Milk Products Preparation and Quality Control, Dairy Microbiology, Dairy Farming and Milk Production, Cheese Chemistry, Physics and Microbiology, Utilization of Renewable Energy Sources and Energy Saving Technologies by Small Scale Milk Plants and Collection Centres, Milk Pricing and Marketing Practices of Cooperative Dairy Industry, Developments in Food Preservation and Packaging and several other topics related to dairying.
In addition to books from India and abroad, the IDA library is equipped with several journals on Dairy Science, Development Alternatives, Feed Trends, Farming News, Food Outlook, IDF Bulletins, Scandanivian Dairy Information, Dairy Industry International, Austrailian Dairy Food and other journals on related activities.
New arrivals in IDA’s Library
- Indian Dairyman, April 2019 Issue
- Indian Journal of Dairy Science, Jan.-Feb. 2019 Issue
- Dugdh Sarita, Mar.-Apr. 2019 Issue
External Journals/Reports/Dairy Directories
- World Food and Agriculture: FAO Statistics (Statistical Pocketbook 2018)
- Livestock, Dairy and Poultry Outlook – Economic Research Service : Situation and Outlook Report (March 14, 2019) (Source : USDA)
- Global Dairy Platform : Climate Change and the Global Dairy Cattle Sector (Source:FAO)
- Report on the Committee on Doubling Farmers’ Income: Volume XIV (Comprehensive Policy Recommendations): September 2018 (Source: Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare)
- World Dairy Situation 2018
- Annual Report 2017-18 : Deptt. of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries
- Annual Report 2017-18 : Deptt. of Agriculture Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare
- Dairy India Yearbook (7th Edition)
- All India Dairy Business Directory 2014-15 (5th Edition)